Are you a WordPress developer and having difficulty regarding editing html. css, php or any others files in WordPress server and you want to connect yours WordPress live server to Visual Code editor or another your favorite editor? In this article we will show you how to edit your live WordPress files in visual studio code or any other code editor
Few basic requirements you need to edit live WordPress files in visual studio code
- FTP Credentials of your hosting
- A working Visual studio editor or your favorite code editor
You can get yours FTP client server account credentials from your hosting platform or you can create a new ftp account in your hosting.
You have to install setup filezilla in your PC and connect your ftp server with your filezille then you have to do few basic setup to customize filezilla in order to edit WordPress files using visual code or any other code editor.
- right click on visual studio code editor or any other your code editor exe file and select properties
- Select Target path copy all this path
- Open Filezille and click edit and select the settings
- Select File Permission and type Php and paste your path in it just like that, Php "************************************"
Want a website or blog in 2022?
- Next step is to open your Filezille and connect it to the website file manager server using FTp.
- After that right click on the file you want to edit and select "Edit/view". this will directly open your Visual code editor to edit the code.
then the file will be open in the visual code editor and you can edit it from where you want but there is one point you should keep in mind after editing your code you should save your document.
you have to open your filezille and you see a popup where you have to click on "Yes" so your editing will overwrite the previous file.
Remember you can use any code editor to edit live WordPress files you just have to paste it target path in filezille. you can use this method to edit files of website that are even not running on WordPress CMS. so you edit any live server files using visual code studio using this method.